Bring Your Unlimited Imagination
We are a dynamic fun group of around 26 creative textile artists based at Stirling Street Arts Centre in Bunbury, Western Australia.
We work with free machine embroidery to create wall hangings, fashion accessories, bowls, clothing and 3D embroidered shapes. We also dye, distress, paint, glue, wash away and sew with a wide variety of threads and fabrics.
Our calendar activities include
- A monthly program of in-house workshops or demonstrations from members in a skill sharing session
- A fun group project for a challenge or to donate to a good cause
- Workshops tutored by visiting textile artist to learn new skills or latest trends
- Opportunity to promote artists through ART-TO-WEAR parade at the Fire, Fibre & Fine Arts exhibition at Stirling Street Arts Centre
- A bi-annual getaway retreat to create and sew and relaxed with our fellow textile artists
Our creations and designs are also available for sale at the Centre through the Gallery Shop
The group meets every Thursday at Stirling Street Arts Centre to share our creative knowledge and our lives and welcome new members.
Although no formal weekly tutoring is available, members are happy to assist the novice to get started. More on membership fees
Meeting Times: Thursdays weekly 9:00am – 4:00pm
Contact: Rhonda Tomerini – 0407 215 917