Stirling Street Arts Centre is managed by a volunteer board made up of members of the community who are passionate about contributing to arts and culture in the South West. The Board manages the governance and strategic direction of the Centre and support our small yet passionate team of staff.
SSAC is now looking for new members to join our Board of Management.
Ideal candidates will possess an understanding of non-profit governance and have a desire to give back to the community in a charitable way.
Board members will attend monthly Board Meetings to manage the strategic, financial and governance requirements of the organisation.
Board Members have a responsibility to:
- Ensure good record keeping.
- Come to meetings prepared, having read all applicable agendas & appendices.
- Disclose all conflicts of interest.
- Maintain privacy & confidentiality for the Board and organisation.
- Understand, or gain understanding of, the financial, governance and legal obligations & requirements of non-profit organisations.
- Keep updated with SSAC processes and reporting methods.
- Maintain knowledge of issues facing the non-profit sector.
- Show a willingness to attend major events as a representative of the Centre.