9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Studio 3: Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury Western Australia
Anatomy drawing class: beginners’ life drawing workshop for adults.
In this workshop Simon will teach basic anatomical drawing using a skeleton then apply this understanding to the human form using a live model for the second half of the session. The class will focus on the muscles and bones just below the surface to help understand how anatomy is fundamental to the portrayal of the human body.
As Simon demonstrates his approach, you will learn:
- Using charcoal
- Wax candle & wash techniques
Materials list (or pay $5 on the day to use SSAC basic materials):
- Charcoal and pencils (2b and 4b)
- Coloured pencils (watercolour if possible), pastels or oil crayons depending on your preference
- A soft kneadable eraser
- Your own boards. I suggest 600x 900x 5mm MDF board which is about $6 from Bunnings. The board should be clean and free of blemishes.
- Clips to hold your paper on the board
This class will run from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
Social distancing rules must be agreed to at time of booking:
- 1.5m distancing at all times
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationStudio 3: Stirling Street Arts Centre