Sunday May 2, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Studio 3: Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury Western Australia
Pastel exploration workshop with Pam Teede.
This is a one-day workshop.
Experienced tutor Pam will demonstrate the different pastels, papers and other materials available for use in this medium. Pam will supply one reference photo for you to work from. Learn about colour and the different techniques for applying pastel to paper. This class is suitable for beginners and advanced levels.
Materials to bring:
- Paper: 1 sheet of Blue Haze or Australian Gray Colorfix Pastel Paper. 50x70cm.
- Pastels: Students may bring as many colours of artist quality pastels as you have, Rembrandt is a good brand to start with…
you can use Pam’s pastels for a $35 fee payable to her on the day.
You will need a good range of orange, reds and yellows plus darks for this workshop.
- Backing Board: Make sure that this a smooth surface eg MDF or plywood padded with plenty of sheets of butchers paper to make it quite spongy to touch. Ensure your padding doesn’t create ripples on the surface. Pam has boards that can be purchased on the day. Please phone 0418 943 814 a few days beforehand and let her know to bring one for you – $20.
- Bristle Brush: This is to brush away the unwanted pastel. A cheap school paintbrush is good.
- Willow Charcoal: Willow charcoal is soft and easily removed from your paper. It also blends exceptionally well with pastel.
- Bulldog Clips
- Paper Towels and Rags
- Glassine Paper: 1 sheet
- BYO cup for morning tea.
Please contact Pam on 0418 943 814 if you have any worries.
ENROL ONLINE NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
Our classes regularly sell out. To ensure you don’t miss out, book your place in this class via the online form. Or if you prefer, call 9791 1256.
Your enrolment is only secured when full payment has been made. Any “pending” bookings may be automatically rejected by the system to make room for paid enrolments if the class gets full.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing where possible
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- We cannot offer refunds for classes cancelled within 7 days for reasons of quarantining or international or state travel delays.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationStudio 3: Stirling Street Arts Centre
BookingsHurry! Only 4 places left!
Bookings are closed for this event.