4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
$150.00 - $165.00
Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury Western Australia
Six-week sewing workshop for teens. With qualified TAFE tutor, Sarah Ashburner. Sarah will help you make your own kimono jacket.
Wednesday afternoons 4 – 6pm
Ages 12 – 16.
In this class you will build on existing skills and knowledge learn about:
- How to sew a kimono
- Sewing equipment and haberdashery
- Selecting fabric
- Pattern layout and cutting
- Basic sewing techniques
Our class sizes are small and our aim is to ensure your learning experience is creative and fun.
Students to bring:
- Basic sewing equipment (list provided on registration)
- Bring your own sewing machine and manual (we have a limited number machines available to borrow for a small fee, let us know when booking if you require one)
- Your excitement and enthusiasm!
About the tutor
Sarah Ashburner has worked in the clothing industry for over 30 years.
In this diverse industry she has worked as a pattern maker, lecturer and runs
her own clothing business and workshops.
Sarah has her Cert IV in Training and Assessment and a degree in Learning and Organisational Development should you be looking to prepare for further study in the clothing industry or develop your fashion portfolio.
Limited numbers – book early to avoid disappointment!
BOOKINGS CLOSE: 3pm Wednesday 29th July.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing at all times
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationStirling Street Arts Centre