Wednesday August 5, 2020
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury Western Australia
This workshop has been cancelled
Six-week sewing workshop for teens. With qualified TAFE tutor, Sarah Ashburner. Sarah will help you make your own kimono jacket.
Wednesday afternoons 4 – 6pm
Ages 12 – 16.
In this class you will build on existing skills and knowledge learn about:
- How to sew a kimono
- Sewing equipment and haberdashery
- Selecting fabric
- Pattern layout and cutting
- Basic sewing techniques
Our class sizes are small and our aim is to ensure your learning experience is creative and fun.
Students to bring:
- Bring your own sewing machine and manual (we have a limited number machines available to borrow for a small fee, let us know when booking if you require one). Search online if you don’t have an instruction book.
- All purpose sewing machine foot
- New universal needle
- Overlocking tweezers – helps with threading
- Small brush to clean machine.
- Basic sewing equipment:
Fabric marking pencils or tailors chalk
Unpicker or seam ripper (Buy a good quality one. The inexpensive blue unpickers are poor quality and the blade blunts very quickly)
Pins – on a magnetic pinholder, great for picking up pins!
Long transparent ruler
- Your excitement and enthusiasm!
About the tutor
Sarah Ashburner has worked in the clothing industry for over 30 years.
In this diverse industry she has worked as a pattern maker, lecturer and runs
her own clothing business and workshops.
Sarah has her Cert IV in Training and Assessment and a degree in Learning and Organisational Development should you be looking to prepare for further study in the clothing industry or develop your fashion portfolio.
Limited numbers – book early to avoid disappointment!
BOOKINGS CLOSE: 3pm Wednesday 29th July.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing at all times
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationStirling Street Arts Centre
BookingsHurry! Only 20 places left!
Bookings are closed for this event.