Saturday September 11, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Pottery Studio: Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury WA
** This class is now full, see our available pottery courses here or sign up to our EOI to be notified as soon as more courses become available**
Discover this traditional pottery technique of using coloured clay in this workshop for ages 18+
Basic clay hand building experience is required for this class
Alongside her exhibition “One hundred Porcelain Bowls,” local potter Robyn Weidenbruch will be delivering this three session workshop exploring the exciting Nerikomi technique- Japanese term for coloured clay work. Robyn has been exploring coloured clay for 8 years, been a potter for 12 and is happy to share her experience with others.
Saturday 11th September, 9-11am: Learn the technical aspects of colouring clay. Make your own patterned block.
Sunday 12th September, 9-11am: Using the patterned block you will construct your own pieces- using slab techniques, moulds, button-making or jewellery shapes.
Saturday 18th September, 10-11am: Once dry, pieces are cleaned for firing.
Works will be fired by Bunbury Studio Potters and be ready for collection at a later date
Please wear clothing suitable for working in an arts environment.
ENROL ONLINE NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
Our classes regularly sell out. To ensure you don’t miss out, book your place in this class via the online form. Or if you prefer, call 9791 1256.
Your enrolment is only secured when full payment has been made. Any “pending” bookings may be automatically rejected by the system to make room for paid enrolments if the class gets full.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing where possible
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- We cannot offer refunds for classes cancelled within 7 days for reasons of quarantining or international or state travel delays.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationPottery Studio: Stirling Street Arts Centre