9:30 am - 12:00 pm
$110.00 - $195.00
Pottery Studio: Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury WA
Tuesday Club Mosaics with Tanya Passmore.
These classes run for 5 weeks.
Ages 18+. Morning tea available for a small donation.
Come, unleash the artist within and develop your unique style of mosaic art with the support and encouragement of Tanya from Mosaic Journey.
Option 1: Kit.
If you are new to mosaics and would like to start on a project with everything provided, you can pay for a kit which includes a bowl to work on and all materials necessary to complete the project. Just bring along your tile cutters and creative ideas.
Option 2: Your own project
Bring your own item of choice to decorate (terracotta saucer, garden pot, mirror etc) plus tiles and any broken crockery, old jewellery, shells etc. to add individuality to your work. If you’re inspired by an idea or design, Tanya can assist in its expression.
The size of your piece will depend on how quickly you work and intricacy of design. Flat surfaces are easier to mosaic than vertical and we recommend you start with something that is transportable.
Adhesive and grout are your responsibilities however Tanya can advise on both.
Tanya is a Mosaic artist who exhibits in galleries throughout the South West. She undertakes commissioned works and teaches workshops throughout the year. In recent years she’s concentrating her mosaic art to tables, wall plaques, water bowls and satellite dishes, which are colourful and extremely well crafted.
What you will learn:
Design principles and how mosaics can be used to artistic effect
- The basics of how to make a mosaic – suitable for different items and different conditions such as outdoors
- Learn which tools are used and how to employ them for unique results
What you will get:
- Knowledge and skills from an encouraging and talented teacher and artist
- Small group tuition
You will need to bring:
Option 1 – buy our kit
Option 2 – your own project
|Your own tile cutters, available from the tutor for $40.00||Your own tile cutters, available from the tutor for $40.00|
|Project – eg terracotta bowl, plant pot etc.|
Please wear closed-in shoes and tie long hair back. Happy creating!
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing at all times
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationPottery Studio: Stirling Street Arts Centre