9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Studio 1: Stirling Street Arts Centre, Bunbury Western Australia
Learn how to create a beautiful seascape in pastels in our relaxed art classes which celebrate 50 years this year. You will be guided by our expert tutor, Pam Teede.
This is a five-week workshop. Morning Tea is included.
Experienced tutor Pam will demonstrate the different pastels, papers and other materials available for use in this medium. Pam will supply one reference photo for you to work from. Learn about colour and the different techniques for applying pastel to paper, this class is suitable for beginners and advanced levels. See requirements list below:
Materials to bring:
- Paper: 1 sheet of pale blue Colourfix pastel paper, Blue Haze if you can get it. 50x70cm.
- Pastels: Students may bring as many colours of artist quality pastels as you have (see below), Rembrandt is a good brand to start with…
you can use Pam’s pastels for a $35 fee payable to her on the day.
- Backing Board: Make sure that this a smooth surface eg MDF or plywood padded with plenty of sheets of butchers paper to make it quite spongy to touch. Ensure your padding doesn’t create ripples on the surface. Pam has spares you can borrow, please phone her on 0418 943 814 when you book and let her know you want her to bring one for you.
- Bristle Brush: This is to brush away the unwanted pastel. A cheap school paintbrush is good.
- Willow Charcoal: Willow charcoal is soft and easily removed from your paper. It also blends exceptionally well with pastel.
- Bulldog Clips
- Masking Tape
- Paper Towels and Rags
- BYO cup for morning tea.
BOOKING ONLINE NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
Our classes sometimes become fully booked quickly. To ensure you don’t miss out, book your place in this class via the online form. Or if you prefer, call 9791 1256.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Rules for bookings during COVID-19:
- 1.5m distancing at all times
- Hand sanitising upon entry to the class
- If you are feeling ill/experiencing any cold/flu symptoms such as fever, cough or headache please DO NOT ATTEND class. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in this instance.
- Staff reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are not following any of the above rules.
LocationStudio 1: Stirling Street Arts Centre