All members are invited to submit up to 3 works celebrating the HANDMADE AND RITUALS OF THE EVERY DAY in the 2021 Members’ Exhibition, 8th-22nd October 2021.
Home in the Making is based around rituals of the everyday, particularly in the home. Steeped in knowledge of traditional crafts, SSAC members celebrate the handmade and rituals of the home in everything made at the Centre
Pieces entered into this exhibition will need to have been made in the 2 years prior to the exhibition in October 2021 so we are looking for new works that use traditional techniques and celebrate an aspect of the home.
Entries close Friday 17th September 2021.
|Fri 17th Sept||Entry forms due|
|Mon 4th Oct||Drop off works|
|Mon 4th-Fri 8th Oct||Set up in New Building|
|Fri 8th October||Exhibition opening|
|Weekdays Mon 8th – Fri 22nd October||Exhibition continues in New Building|
|Saturday and Sundays 9th & 10th AND 16th & 17th||Open to public|
|Friday 22nd October||Pick up sold/unsold works|
Terms and Conditions
- Entry forms must be filled in and returned to the office by Friday 17th September. No late entries or changes accepted.
- All entries must be the artist’s original work, have been completed in the last two years and not previously exhibited at SSAC.
- Only members of the Stirling Street Arts Centre are eligible to enter works.
- Entry is $5, 20% commission on sales goes to SSAC.
- Sale of works is optional.
- All mediums are welcomed and encouraged. Please let staff know if work exceeds 1m2 or is heavier than 15kg.
- 2D entries must be presented ready for installation with suitable hanging devices (if applicable), eg D-rings with cord attached positioned 10cm from the top of frame or artwork. 3D artworks are to be neatly finished eg, no hanging threads, broken pieces etc. Patchwork/quilting/hanging textile pieces are required to have a hanging rod or similar. Include your name, phone number, email and title on the back of the work.
- All entries are eligible for the Viewer’s choice $50 SSAC voucher prize, and Judge’s choice
$100 SSAC voucher prize.
- This is a curated exhibition so there is no guarantee that all works will be on display. A limit of two hanging works OR three sculptural works per person. If the works are less than 10cm, three can be submitted as one entry. Multiple pieces are allowed as one entry.
- Stirling Street Arts Centre will reserve the right to photograph and use artworks for promotional purposes and record keeping.
- Entry to the exhibition means you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
This event is part of IOTA21: Indian Ocean Craft Triennial, supported by Lotterywest.