In 2020 SSAC’s new building and purpose built exhibition spaces were completed with thanks to the City of Bunbury & Lotterywest.
These exhibition spaces can be used for exploration and experimentation with an inclusive approach to creativity. SSAC accepts proposals through a yearly call to artists, and priority will be given to South West artists and groups. Applications are open to early, emerging, and mid-career artists, creative community groups, collectives and curators.
The exhibition spaces are in the Hallway and Studio 6. Exhibition Floor Plan
Exhibition Open Times:
- Exhibition opening times are Monday to Saturday 9am-4pm during office hours (Sunday by arrangement only).
Duration of exhibit:
- Standard exhibition slots are for two weeks, exhibition dates are set by the SSAC and include a timeframe for installation, opening events, & de-installation.
- SSAC Exhibition Space includes the use of approx. 80m2 floor space, 10 movable walls (1.15m x 2.5m), including hanging wires and white plinths.
- The artists are responsible for the installation and de-installation of their work, as well as restoring the space to the original condition. SSAC staff can offer assistance & guidance where needed.
- Any work sold will incur a 20% commission for SSAC members and 30% for non-members.
- Staff will take payment for sold works during opening hours and manage the collection of sold works after the exhibition.
- There is no hire fee for the space but the artist/collective will be expected to deliver a workshop/public program during the exhibition. The artist(s) must donate their time to the program, SSAC will cover all other costs including materials and insurances. SSAC will handle all enrolments.
Applications for the 2024 program are now open!
There is no closing dates for applications, however exhibition periods will be booked progressively as applications are received.
Successful applicants will be notified via email.
All applicants will be advised of their proposal submission however, we may be unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
For more information about this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org