SSAC Exhibition Space – New building
Information for Applicants
The Stirling Street Arts Centre (SSAC) Exhibition space is situated in the new building on site.
The exhibition spaces are in the Hallway and Studio 6. Exhibition Floor Plan
This exhibition space can be used for exploration and experimentation with an inclusive approach to creativity. SSAC accepts proposals through an open call to artists, and priority will be given to SSAC members and those residing in the South West. Applications are open to early, emerging, and mid-career artists, creative community groups, collectives and curators.
Exhibition Open Times:
- Exhibition opening times are Monday to Friday 8.30am-4pm during office hours (Weekends by arrangement only).
Duration of exhibit:
- Standard exhibition slots are for three weeks, including installation and de-installation
- SSAC Exhibition Space includes the use of approx. 80m2 floor space, 10 movable walls (1.15m x 2.5m), including hanging wires, and 6 white plinths (may be more available if needed).
- SSAC does not have installation staff. The artists are responsible for the installation and de-installation of their work, as well as restoring the space to the original condition. A fee will be charged if the space needs to be professionally restored.
- All care will be taken when your artwork is on site and SSAC insurance will cover up to $20,000 for any artwork theft/damage. Be aware however that staff are only on-site during weekdays 8.30am-4pm so occasionally there will be room hirers in the building on weekends or evenings without staff supervision.
- Any work sold will incur a 20% commission for SSAC members and 25% for non-members to help cover administration costs.
- Staff will take payment for sold works during opening hours and can provide a low level of supervision.
Room Hire Costs:
- There is no hire fee for the space but the artist/collective will be expected to deliver a workshop/program during the invigilation of the exhibition of at least 5 hours in duration and at no cost to SSAC (any cost for materials can be covered within participant fees as set by SSAC). This workshop must be planned with staff at least 2 months before the commencement of the exhibition.
There is a limit of one application per artist/curator/group per year.
Application material must be presented as outlined above. Successful applicants will be notified via email. All applicants will be advised of their proposal submission however, we do not provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
For more information, please email to email@example.com