Stirling Street Arts Centre is seeking an Administration Officer
Full – time 37.5+ hours a week, (weekends as required)
About the role:
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing administrative services on behalf of the Stirling Street Arts Centre (SSAC) in its day to day operations. In addition, they will also provide administrative support to the Programs and Marketing Coordinator, Bunbury Summer School Coordinator, Accounts Officer, Centre Manager, SSAC Board and members as required. Responsibilities cover a range of duties including maintenance of office services and records, community and SSAC member liaison, annual workshop program facilitation, events and exhibition delivery.
- Manage correspondence in and out both electronic and hard copy, respond to inquiries as necessary and provide accurate information.
- Manage opening and closing of all buildings and ablutions daily during office hours (8.30am-4pm).
- Manage cleanliness of studios, engaging volunteers/members/professionals to help when needed.
- Assist Programs Coordinator with the delivery of workshops for the annual program, providing assistance with procurement of tutors, liaising with participants and purchase of materials.
- Assist all staff in the delivery of exhibitions and events.
- At least three years’ experience in an administration role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including word and excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in website and social media.
- Demonstrated understanding of arts education programs and creative/cultural industries.
- Demonstrated high standard of written and spoken communication.
- An enthusiastic, can-do approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- General knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Acts.
Possession of a current National Police Certificate – required to be provided by the successful candidate only, at the appointment stage
- Experience working in the community/not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated experience in event, exhibition and workshop delivery.
Applications of interest for this position should be emailed to Rebecca Corps, firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of two referees.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position, please contact Rebecca Corps, Centre Manager on 0498 011 256.
Applications close – Friday 25th September 2020