The following terms and conditions apply to all programs delivered by the Stirling Street Arts Centre (SSAC):
- SSAC encourages learning, participation, and inclusivity; however, please take note of age/skill recommendations for classes and workshops.
- Children are not permitted to attend 18+ classes even with a parent/guardian present.
- Children under the age of 18 must be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
- Participants should arrive 10min before workshops and be collected 10min after the workshop. Children should not be left unattended at the centre.
- Parent helpers attending classes with their child may only do so if they hold a valid Working with Children Check.
- Support workers are welcome to attend classes however must purchase a ticket if they are actively participating in the class. Support workers who attend classes without doing so may be asked to purchase a ticket after a class if they have participated during the class/workshop.
- Your data collected by our registration forms is for administration purposes only. Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties or anyone outside of the Stirling Street Arts Centre.
Health and Safety
- Students must adhere to safety procedures. Occupational Health and Safety standards apply to all attendees.
We recommend wearing closed-in shoes and comfortable clothing at all times, with long hair tied back.
- SSAC is sponsored by Healthway and promotes a safe and healthy environment; smoking is not permitted on grounds.
- If anyone representing the Centre needs to call an ambulance for you, you are responsible for all costs and do not hold the Centre or individual liable.
- If the attendee has any medical or special requirements, notify the Centre at the time of booking. This includes learning or behavioural conditions, serious medical conditions or allergies.
- Intoxicated or inebriated participants will be asked to leave the Centre. No refund will be offered.
- In case of an injury/accident please notify a Stirling Street Arts Centre staff member immediately.
Payment and Refunds
- All attendees must make full payment upon booking.
- Enrolments can be taken in person at the Centre, over the phone (with credit card) or online.
- If you cancel your enrolment with at least 6 days’ notice prior to the commencement of the course, a full refund minus a 25% administration fee will be given. Notice of cancellation must be in writing (email or mail).
- Full refund will be given if class does not proceed.
- Refunds are only given via paypal/direct deposit when accepted; no cash or reversal of credit card can be issued.
- Refunds will be transferred to a nominated bank account only when payment has been made in person or via phone.
- No refunds, credits or class swaps will be offered if :
- You withdraw five (5) or fewer days prior to the course start date.
- You withdraw on or after the course start date.
- You are absent from a class.
- Subject to place availability, you can enrol after a course has commenced. There is no discount available and payment of full course fee applies
- No refunds will be offered if a class is missed due to Covid 19 or ill health.
Changes/Cancellation of a workshop/class
- All workshops/classes must have a minimum number of students before they proceed. Numbers are limited — a first come, first served basis will apply.
- Stirling Street Arts Centre has the right to cancel a course due to under-enrolment.
- The decision to cancel a course is made 1-2 days before the commencement of the course and notice will be given to students via email or phone contact.
- Stirling Street Arts Centre has the right to make changes to any course, including time/ location/ tutor of the course before or during the course. In the unlikely event that these changes are made, no refund or credit will be given for the scheduled course.
- If a class is missed due to no fault of SSAC no make up class will be offered.
Bunbury Summer School 2024 (additional terms & conditions):
- Each tutor will run through the SSAC OHS checklist before each workshops begins. If the workshop is offsite, the facilitator will read out the OHS for that site/venue.
- If your supplying your own equipment/materials please make sure its in working condition before the workshop begins.
- SSAC is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen equipment supplied by the participant.