The Stirling Street Arts Centre offers a range of creative workshops and classes during the week and on weekends. Our adult classes include Start Arts classes and workshops with a wide variety of fun subjects and our ongoing popular Tuesday Club workshops – these both run during school terms.
Younger artists can join our exciting Up Starts workshops for eight weeks in the middle of the school term. These take place on Tuesdays for primary age children and Thursdays for secondary ages, and we offer home school classes at 1.30 to 3.30pm and after school classes from 4.00pm to 6.00pm. The children enjoy building their creative skills in drawing, painting, making, crafting and pottery.
You’ll also find something to keep you going through the school holidays in the School Holiday Program, with a wide variety of art and creative classes for adults and children.
The Centre is accessible by wheelchair and we welcome all abilities.
Bookings can be made:
- Online and paid with credit card or PayPal
- Over the phone on 9791 1256
- Come and see us in person at the office at the corner of Charles Street and Stirling Street, Bunbury.
Classes and Workshops Terms & Conditions
- Bunbury Summer School (BSS) is co-ordinated by Stirling Street Arts Centre (SSAC), therefore, the following terms and conditions also apply to Bunbury Summer School.
- Your data collected by our registration forms is for administration purposes only. Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties or anyone outside of the Stirling Street Arts Centre.
- Enrolments can be taken in person at the Centre, over the phone (with credit card) or online.
- SSAC encourages learning, participation, and inclusivity; however, please take note of age/skill recommendations for classes and workshops. For parents/guardians with children, who are unsure, please check with the Programs Coordinator that it will be suitable for them to participate, in which case they will need to pay in full. Any children attending but not participating in a class or workshop will be under the supervision of the parent/guardian and not the responsibility of the tutor. If a child/student proves to be disruptive in the session, it is then up to the tutor’s discretion to remove the child/student from the Centre.
- Students must adhere to safety procedures. Occupational Health and Safety standards apply to all attendees. We recommend wearing closed in shoes and comfortable clothing at all times, with long hair tied back.
- All attendees must make full payment upon booking. Unpaid registration does not guarantee your place in the workshop.
- All workshops/classes must have a minimum number of students before they proceed. Numbers are limited — a first come, first served basis will apply.
- Stirling Street Arts Centre has the right to cancel a course due to under enrolment.
- The decision to cancel a course is made 1-2 days before the commencement of the course and notice will be given to students via email or phone contact.
- Stirling Street Arts Centre has the right to make changes to any course, course time, course location or tutor of the course before or during the course. In the unlikely event that these changes are made, no refund or credit will be given for the scheduled course.
- If you need to cancel your enrolment, a full refund minus 20% administration fee will be given if up to 7 working days notice of cancellation, less than seven days notice then no refund will be issued. Notice of cancellation must be in writing (email or mail), and should include your banking details (BSB and Account #), verbal notice is not accepted.
- Full refund will be given if class does not proceed. Class absence cannot be refunded or transferred to another date.
- SSAC is sponsored by Healthway and promotes a safe and healthy environment, smoking is not permitted on grounds.
- Refunds are only given via EFT when accepted; no cash or reversal of credit card can be issued.